We didn't research things like we should have before deciding on the day to go to temple square this year. There ended up being a Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert and and Jazz game the same night we were going up. The same thing happened to us just a few years ago, and we were stuck in a traffic jam in a full parking garage for about an hour. We wanted to avoid that this year. The air quality was really poor, and Frontrunner was offering a family discount fare, so we opted to try out the train and trax this year. I have to say, I think it was the kids favorite part of the whole trip!
Take note of the electronics. It seemed to be a theme for the trip. Every chance they got, the boys had their noses in an iphone. Argh.
Our first stop was to City Creek. Calla just had to visit the Disney Store. After fighting all the crowds, we decided to sit down and let the girls play on the playground. We ended up with a bunch of chocolate chip cookies to tide us over until dinner.
We were sitting by the Christus statue in the visitor center, and I look over to see my boys with their faces buried in an iphone once again. Argh.
Jon ran into an old friend, and visited for a while. I took advantage of the time to try to get a picture with all my kids looking. I got pretty close :)
And the Temple Square trip is never complete for us without a trip to Denny's. The waitress misunderstood me and thought I had ordered all sausages for Calla, rather than sausages as a side to her pancakes. She sure didn't complain. Sausage is her favorite food. It made my stomach sick just looking at it. But seriously, when I ask her what she wants for lunch, she tells me "sausage, hot dogs, and bologna." She can't grasp the fact that you can't have all meat for a meal. Between the sausage, and all the hot chocolate refills (loaded with whipped cream), the kids were pretty happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment