Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Post-Christmas Fun

The kids had a really short amount of time off of school before Christmas.  But they had a LOT of time to fill after Christmas before school started again.
Tara came up with her kids to visit.  Whenever they come up, you know there is going to be a sleepover with Tanner and Ty.  I walked into Tanner's room to find them both on Tanner's bed, playing their DS's with their shirts off.  The reason for going shirtless:  It was too hot.  I think not.


We took the kids ice skating a couple times.  They all did so well.  We got Calla a little walker to hold on to.  After a little while we took the walker away to see how she would do.  I expected some wobbling and falling.  But she just took off!  She didn't want any help, and she did so well.  Grandpa was so proud--she has some Canadian blood in her.
Anika is pretty proud of her progress.




After ice skating we went to Provo Beach Club.  Jon wanted to try out his new golf clubs on a simulator.  The boys joined him for a bit, then they really wanted to try the ropes course.










 Another thing they have to do when Ty comes is to get together and sing "Dumb Ways to Die."  Yes, it's random.  It started out with an impromptu performance at a birthday party.  Now it's a tradition.




My kids always give me a hard time about the fact that Tara's kids live so far away, but they have been to Hang Time in Orem a bunch of times.  I have never taken my kids.  So we finally went with their cousins.  Fun....but expensive.  I would have loved that place as a kid.  Why did we not have something this fun when I was a kid? 


I promised my boys a movie with friends before the Christmas break ended.  We ended up going to the "sticky shoe" theater on the last possible day.  The girls and I also went out to see Frozen, which they absolutely loved.  They walk around the house constantly singing the songs from the movie.  Jon shows them clips on youtube each night before bed.
To wrap up the year, we had cousins over to celebrate New Years Eve.  We got to play lots of games.  The plan was to go until the little ones got too tired.  But they never really did.  We had little 3 and 4 year olds up until midnight--outside banging on pans. 
What a fun year!  I can't wait to see what the new year will bring.

No comments: