Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sledding Mania

We were lucky enough to get a bunch of snow before Christmas this year.  The kids were constantly begging us to let them go sledding.  Tanner got a snowboard for his birthday, and couldn't wait to try it out.  Our backyard hill just wasn't enough for him.  They just HAD to get to the park.  The boys went once with their friends.  Then we found a bit of time to make it over as a family.

This year we hit a turning point.  There is nothing worse than sledding with a kid that refuses to climb back up the hill by herself.  I get so tired of carrying a child, and usually a couple of sleds, back up the hill.  This year Calla was good to climb back up by herself.....and try to bring her sled too.
She is one FEARLESS little girl.  She went down every possible way.  Backward, head first....I shouldn't be surprised.  It was so cute to watch.

This is the most normal position for her.  I think it was her first trip of the year, and she was just getting warmed up.

I just thought this was a cute picture of big brother and little sister.

Tanner getting some practice runs in.  He was pretty excited to get some use out of his snowboard.

Daddy and Anika getting ready to do a trick down the hill.

We went for hours, until it got too dark.  What a happy girl!




No comments: