Who doesn't love Fall activities? Cornbellie's was such a hit with the kids last year. We had to do it again this year, with Calla joining in this time. I love this place! It feels like you're at some fall festival in a movie. The corn maze was a big disappointment this year. The corn didn't grow very tall, making it really easy to see where you were going. The kids decided to let Calla lead the way through the maze, like she does in the Thanksgiving point gardens. Wherever she chooses to go, we follow. We made it through surprisingly fast.
Last year Tanner carved his first pumpkin by himself. This year Nathan decided not to let Tanner show him up. He did a pretty good job, and was really pleased with his work.
This year three of the kids wanted to be fairies...and I only have two girls! I found some pink skirts at Ross earlier in the year. The girls absolutely love them...so we decided to get good use out of them and turn them into fairy princess costumes. The vests were my first attempt ever at sewing halloween costumes. I'm still new at the sewing thing. I found a pattern online, and figured it out the best I could.
Poor Anika woke up during the night before Halloween, throwing up every few minutes. NOTHING stayed down. The poor girl had to miss the festivities at school. By noon she had thrown up over 20 times....then it all stopped. She felt fine by night time, and was able to go trick-or-treating.
Halloween is tough for a 6th grade boy. What do you dress up as that's cool, but doesn't look like it took too much effort? Jon was watching sports while I was asking this very question (I'm surprised he heard me talking, with sports on the TV!) A commercial came on for Direct TV with a football fairy. Voila. Problem solved. Nathan and all his friends were football fairies. They felt pretty cool walking through the costume parade at school.
Tanner was the tough one. He came up with this idea where he wanted me to sew a bunch of glow sticks to some black clothes to make him look like a glow in the dark stick man. Really? I was really not looking forward to this project...when I came across just such a costume at the store. How random is that? Better yet, this costume wasn't just glow sticks that you use once. It was battery operated, so he could turn it on and off at his pleasure.
I know every mom thinks this...but I really do have cute kids.
1 comment:
LOVE all the new pictures! Missed seeing the kids in the costumes this year. They were great! Loved the way Nathan and his friends did it - really fun idea:) Just keep the pictures coming:P
Post a Comment