We have been planning on going to Soldier hollow with the kids for years. Every year there is something holding us back. This year Jon found a coupon for us to go 50% off, so we jumped on the chance. Our kids had no idea what to expect. After one tube ride down the hill, they let us know that they want to make this another yearly tradition. Fine by me!

The kids loved making a train with everyone, and getting as much speed as we could. I'm so glad they all feel the need for speed.

Less than a week later Jon and I took our first vacation together in 13 years (I don't count business trips where Jon goes to conferences, and I walk around town by myself). It was about time! We took a cruise to Cabo. Highlights were parasailing

A boat tour, hanging out at the beach, and a zipline tour (which is SO MUCH fun.)

And of course, some shopping. We ran into Jon's cousin Trevor and his wife at a flea market and hung out with them for a little bit before heading back to the ship.

Another favorite thing for me: Eating. Not hungry? Who cares. Let's go to dinner and get extra desserts. Molten Lava cake served at every dinner. One is just not enough. Even after going to the gym, walking tons, and always taking the stairs instead of the elevator, I still managed to put on 5 pounds!

Jon's favorite: Karaoke with Jay. He loved the guy running the Karaoke each night. We ended up with A LOT of spring breakers, which was interesting. It's kind of a party atmosphere anyway, but throw a lot of Arizona State spring breakers into the mix, and you get a lot of things you would rather not see. While they were all at their late night "adults only" comedy show, all the people with morals hung out at the Karaoke bar. I have to admit, the guy was hilarious. What a great break. THANKS MOM, for taking the kids! I will definitely cruise again.

Nathan got his Arrow of Light, and is ready to move on to Boy Scouts. I'm not quite as ready as he is! He already went on his first campout last weekend and loved it.

It's back to business as usual...except for the diet to get rid of those extra pounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment