Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hello school, Goodbye car

Every year the first day of school is a celebration for me. It's not that I don't love my kids. I am just ready for the end of summer fighting. They always tend to be annoyed with each other by the time summer is over. I'm ready for them to get back to being a little more productive.
I don't know why this year was different, but I wasn't totally ready for them to go back this year. Maybe it is because I gave them more daily chores this year that I nagged them about daily--so I wasn't ready for the constant homework nagging to begin. Or maybe it is because I didn't even get around to planning our summer calendar of activities until half way through the summer, so we were still trying to fit everything in.

Nathan, as usual, was not ready for school to begin. We went for back to school night, and he claimed he had a headache before even entering the building, "just thinking about school."

Tanner wouldn't admit it, but he was excited. He loves learning. He has already come home from school with all sorts of interesting information to tell me. He's like a sponge and just soaks it all in.

Anika was SO excited for her first day of kindergarten, and was upset that she had to wait an extra week after the boys started before she got to go. I was a bit worried about if she would enjoy it. So far she has come home from school every day so happy. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she keeps up this attitude!

Meeting up with friends at school (they all ended up in the same class except for her.)

You can just see the excitement!


Ready for me to go, and really get started.

It's hard to believe we had our "blue car" longer than we had any of our kids. Registration was up this past month, and we had to decide whether or not we wanted to risk having problems pop up this next year (highly likely, though we have been very lucky with it), or just sell it and get Jon a new car. We have been debating this for the last 3 years. This year we decided we had pressed our luck to the limit. Anika was especially sad to see it go. She loved riding in it every chance she got, though I don't understand why.

You gotta love KSL classifieds. 5 seconds after I listed it, I got a phone call and a text. It sold within a few hours.


No comments: