Saturday, December 18, 2010

Simplify

Looking back on the past year, I think the one main thing I learned was to simplify. With a new little baby that thinks she can only sleep when she is in my arms, I had to figure out what was really important to get done, and what can just be dropped.
My house has become much less tidy than ever (which drives me crazy). Not all the Christmas decorations have made it out of the box. The advent calendar of death from last year has been opened once...on December 2nd. The number of blog posts I've made have dwindled. But it's okay. Life goes on. One of these years, all the decorations will once again make it out of the box.

The last few months have flown by. I always have to take a ton of pictures of my kids in the leaves.
Calla really wasn't sure about the leaves. She somewhat stayed still for this picture, then was out of there.
This is the first time we've had our trampoline in the fall, and of course the leaves had to end up on it. We (me included) had a great time loading up the leaves and bouncing them as high as we could.





Nathan got his Bear in November. Nathan enjoys a lot of the activities he does with his friends at Den meetings, but really doesn't enjoy having to do things at home. He is now enjoying 4 months of scout free Sundays at home.

My kids never stop long enough to pose for a picture when we decorate the Christmas tree. Gotta load those ornaments on as fast as they can, trying to beat each other to get to hang the most (they aren't at all competitive). This year they actually stopped for a few pictures, so of course I have to post them.




Calla's first Christmas. Daddy's about to help her hang up her ornament......
but she decides to eat it instead. Big surprise.

I just realized the other day that she is actually growing. The newborn stage ended without me noticing. When did I stop having to support her head, and cradle her in my arms? Simplifying is worth it.


1 comment:

mamasylvia said...

So true, so true!!! We would all be a lot better off if we simplified more - and let ourselves ENJOY more. It's just like the saying goes, "life is too short"! Love all the wonderful insights and love all the pictures (as always)!