Monday, September 30, 2013

Back To Work

I have been looking forward to this year, yet dreading this year for quite a while.  Nathan starting Junior High scares me to death.  He has been struggling with school, and I don't know how things are going to go with 8 different classes and more responsibility.  Calla starting preschool has been long awaited.  I now have 2 hours to myself, twice a week! 

I'm really excited for both Anika and Tanner's teachers this year.  Tanner was really worried about getting a mean teacher.  He got someone new, and we couldn't be more pleased.  She is so nice and patient!



There is no way Nathan was going to pose for a first day of Junior High picture.  This is the best I could get.  He came home from the first day and told me he likes it much more than grade school.  Yay!  Every other year he comes home from the first day in a really bad mood because he hates it so much.  It was nice to have a positive attitude!

Calla had to wait a whole extra week to get to start preschool.  She asked me over a hundred times if she was going to go to school too.  The day she got to go she was so excited and proud of being as big as the others.  Now I can run errands in half the time!

A week or so into school Tanner asked me if he could have a "back to school night game party" so he could get to know kids in his class.  He set it all up with hand ball, night games, and treats.

Nathan was excited to get to start cross country with the Junior High this year.  Most of his races ended up being at Kiwanis park in Provo.  At the first race, we found out that the race was for all age groups.  Tanner was so excited to get to join in.  They both ended up doing a great job.  In the season overall, they ended up taking 5th and 6th.



Tanner earned his bear without us even knowing it.  His scout leader called me to ask me when he wanted to have it awarded.  Apparently, I didn't read the requirements close enough, and didn't realize you didn't need every section done.  We had gone way overboard.  So he ended up with 8 arrows as well.

Anika is back in dance (although she also wants to do gymnastics....I have to decide how motivated I am), and Calla started gymnastics.  She absolutely loves it.  It's weird to take my kids to a class and not have a little one to keep track of.  It's so nice and peaceful to have my youngest in the class!




So we are back in full swing.  Early mornings, late homework nights, and some peace and quiet in between.....sort of.

No comments: