Calla went from not rolling over, to crawling, to walking, in a very little time. I think she only crawled for about a month. So now she is off and into everything. It is such a fun stage, but also a very frustrating one. She thinks she is as big as everyone else, and gets really mad when I don't let her do everything she thinks she can do. She is already loving the summer. Having her siblings at home to watch and copy, keeping everything more interesting. She especially loves when they take her out on the trampoline and bounce her around.


This is Calla's way of entertaining herself when I vacuum. She thinks it is really funny to wrap the cord around her neck. Obviously, I don't get around to vacuuming as much anymore. It's an accident waiting to happen.

My kids love watching out the window when we have thunder storms....and we've had plenty of them lately.

Tanner has a fascination with snakes right now. He has been in love with whales for a while now, and I can handle listening to all the facts he has learned about them. But he has now started checking out books about snakes at the library. I don't do snakes. Just thinking about them gives me goosebumps. But he is so excited to tell me all about the vile reptiles. So you can imagine his excitement when I found a snake hiding behind our garbage can when I went to wheel it out to the street. I didn't want it so close to our garage, and Jon was working late. That ment I had to find a way to get it out to the street myself. I was very grudgingly trying to pick it up with a pole without screaming and running away. Tanner was jumping up and down with excitement. The thing wasn't even all that big. Tanner insisted on getting a picture of it before we left it out in the road to hopefully get run over or freeze to death during the night.

Another season of soccer over. We had never been involved with spring soccer. I must say, fall soccer is the way to go. Much warmer. We had to reschedule many games on account of snow.
His team was called the volcanoes. Their favorite cheer: Standing in a circle and yelling "vol-ca-noes EXPLODE" while making their arms explode into the air. What a fun age for soccer!
Anika graduated from preschool. She was a cow in her play "What really happened to Humpty Dumpty." She is so proud to be done with preschool and be a kindergartener at Eaglecrest Elementary, just like her brothers.


Once again, the boys teachers were great this year. Nathan had Miss DeWitt, and I couldn't be more impressed. He had a fun year. We are so proud of the progress he made this year. It's off to 5th grade.

Tanner had Miss Braswell. Just the teacher he needed. So kind and fun. He's now a big 2nd grader.

The much anticipated after school party. Anika was asking me about it for weeks. She remembered how she was so scared of the bouncers last year, but then finally tried them and loved them. She couldn't wait to get in on the fun from the beginning this year. As always, Nathan lost interest not long into the party, and was off to play basketball with friends.


1 comment:
YAY!! Love all the new pictures:) Have to say though, you're much braver than I am to get rid of that snake by yourself!!! I probably would have been calling 911;) I'm impressed!
Post a Comment